The Old Bega Hospital
The Old Bega Hospital is a Schedule 5 heritage listed building on the outskirts of Bega, on the Far South Coast of NSW.
It is owned by the NSW Government through Crown Lands.
Construction commenced in 1888 and the hospital served the community of the Bega valley until 1956. It was restored in 1988, but the main building was extensively damaged by a fire in 2004 and lost its roof. It is still open to the elements. Friends of the Old Bega Hospital is a community group established to assist the Old Bega Hospital Reserve Trust to restore and manage the Old Bega Hospital's heritage and community values.
- Video (Three generations of Bega hospital, Youtube, 4m 23 sec, large file)