Old Bega Hospital (R.180050) Reserve Trust - Statutory Information
The Old Bega Hospital Reserve was established on 30 March 1990 by Ian Causley, then Minister for Natural Resources, under section 28 of the Crown Lands Consolidation Act 1913 (the more recent provision is section 92 of the Crown Lands Act 1989), as notified in the NSW Government Gazette of that date, No 44, at page 2763, 'for preservation of historical sites and buildings and for community purposes'.
The Old Bega Hospital (R.180050) Reserve Trust was established on 3 June 1994 by George Souris, then Minster for Land and Water Conservation, under clause 4(3) of Schedule 8 of the Crown Lands Act 1989, as notified in the NSW Government Gazette No. 76 of that date at page 2643.
The Trust is constituted as a body corporate under section 92(2) of the Crown Lands Act, as the Old Bega Hospital Reserve Trust.
The Trust's Australian Business Number (ABN) is 68 124 323 984.
The Trustees meet monthly.
The Trust reports to the Minister.
The Reserve is on Lot 296 in Deposited Plan 728021. The land area is about 1.6 acres (0.65 hectares). The land is Crown Land. The land and the buildings on it are owned by the NSW State Government.
The Old Bega Hospital is listed as heritage in Schedule 5 to the Bega Valley Local Environment Plan 2013. It is not listed under the NSW Heritage Act (State Heritage Register), the National Heritage List or the Register of the National Estate, but is on the Australian Institute of Architects Register of Significant Architecture in New South Wales (item 4702252)